The xx, “VCR”
I’ve really been enjoying mellowing out to The xx the past few days, and so that’s why we get two days worth! But seriously, it’s hard to have such a distinct sound and be so minimalist, and this group of 20 year-olds does a great job. This specific song is one of the catchier ones on the album and is a good lead-in to listen to the rest of the tracks. Consider them permanently ensconced alongside Animal Collective on my studying playlist.
Quix vs. Elliot, “Runnin With The xx (Notorious B.I.G. vs. Tupac vs. The xx)”
Cot damn that’s a long title. I’ve been enjoying The xx’s low-key jams, and their instrumental adds a lot of gravitas to the verses from Biggie and Tupac. I don’t have a lot more information to add about this song, but it’s short and good. Check out The xx’s full album.
Get this song.
Written for my comedy independent study. Enjoy.
Top Ten TV Shows Looking To Feature Jon Gosselin
10. Family Guy
9. How I Met Your Mother- and then divorced her in front of all of America
8. The Biggest Loser
7. America’s Next Top Ed Hardy Model
6. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (So Badly They Ruin Their Homelife)?
5. 1 vs. 100,000,000
4. Lost … Dignity
3. True Life: I’m Horrible
2. Jon and Kate Minus Kate Divided By Custody Plus Sadness
1. The Jay Leno Show
Top Ten Things We See On The Laptop of the Person in Front of Us
10. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter: Anything but LinkedIn.
9. Pictures of kittens. Thousands.
8. Writing an anti-capitalist tirade on her $2000 Macbook.
7. Editing the Wikipedia page for The Jonas Brothers; a subject he seems to know a lot about.
6. Sending an e-mail about how he was once the prince of Nigeria until a coup. Now he just needs a small investment…
5. Comparison shopping for the Sarah Palin memoir, but can’t find anyone giving it away for free.
4. Tweeting every three seconds about how hard it is to focus in class with all the tweeting she has to do.
3. Writing a rather inappropriate fan-fiction about Harry Potter and his “close friend” Hagrid the giant.
2. Obsessively changing his desktop wallpaper between two solid colors.
1. Blogging about the weird dude breathing heavily behind her.
Copyright © 2009 Brian Regan. All rights reserved.
I enjoy Pitchfork but I also enjoy making fun of Pitchfork. This article is two years old, but still completely applicable!
Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8 | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
Drake, “Best I Ever Had (Matamatics remix)”
One of the top hip-hop songs of the summer already had a solid (yet intense) remix in the DIGIRAATII version of this track. However, Matamatics bring a beautiful semi-video game synth as the beat for their take, which is an important shift from the somewhat generic beat of the original. Where the original song felt a little plodding, this sounds exciting and bubbly and cute, which is everything this silly song needs.
Also, if you haven’t seen the music video, it’s a excellent piece of satire.
Drake- Best I Ever Had (Matamatics remix)
We also have Melted Food Food at Six Flags!