Maybe this is the type of cat I’ll get next.
I’m partial to the triple-jumps, myself.
It wouldn’t kill you to watch it.
Composed a quick verse with Matt and Judah.
My 50 favorite songs of the year — ordered by tempo and vibe — not necessarily FROM 2017, just heard by me in 2017
- Selena Gomez (They’re great, but “Fetish” and “Bad Liar” didn’t break through for me. Sorry Selene Queen)
- the entire genre of hip-hop (there’s plenty throughout the monthly playlists, but less represented here)
- Kero Kero Bonito (I’m not vibing on their latest stuff and keep coasting on the old)
- Hitchhiker (C’mon where are you, silver spaceman)
- Ghosted, “Get Some” – raunchy electro pop, slinky and funky; some gets gotten.
- TYSM, “Wraith” – sad bedroom glitch-pleas over delicate plinks and plonks.
- BROCKHAMPTON, “SUNNY” – this smile says “good morning: don’t fuck with us.”
- Aryay, “Always Wanted You (ft. Kimbra)” – a beat of bullhorn shrieks tempered by sultry coos.
- Tove Styrke, “Mistakes” – this song has eight different catchy melodies; all Tove’s wobbly lilt.
It was really difficult for me to type out 2017 across the course of creating this playlist and post and cover art given that we’re more than halfway through January. Just one more to go for the year. The best-of is coming up. It’s in the pipeline. Sliding down the artery. Soggy, slow glop. Get ready.
Oh you thought that was it, huh? You thought October was the end of the line? That ya boy couldn’t post three months in one day?? I’m proving everyone wrong, least of all myself.
This is a pretty quick one but it features some sweet highlights, and I do mean sweet– “Let You Down” and “Feels Great” are both sugary sing-alongs meant to get a fist pumping. Fetty Wap! He’s there! Kehlani’s “Touch” is sensual and driving but a total earworm at the same time. Don’t you love it when these dirty-ish songs get stuck in your head? And “Burn Out” will do just that to your shoes, you gonna be bouncing so hard on the dance floor.